Under New York’s CDPAP program, patients can take ownership of their home health care and select a caregiver that they know and trust. Rather than bringing in a stranger to care for you or your loved one, you and your family can have the final say in who is providing the home care services they need.
To qualify for CDPAP, a member must:
- Have Medicaid, or be eligible for Medicaid ( we can help you with this process, call us at 718-971-9557)
- Require assistance with day to day activities or skilled care.
- You need to be self-directing or otherwise have a designated representative who can and will direct care under the CDPAP requirements.
HSM Personal Care is a fiscal intermediaries that is contacted with medicate to be a service provider for CDPAP, as a result this program will be fully paid for by medicate and will be at no cost to you.
No. The caregiver or the representative will not need any kind of formal training, license or certificate to be employed. Any skills that might be needed for this opportunity will be taught directly by you.
Under the CDPAP program, you as the member:
- gets to choose who will be your caregiver and you are the one who creates your own schedule (based on the hours that are approved by your managed long-term care provider).
- The caregiver that you choose is not an employee of a HSM Personal Care, but is instead an independent contractor, who is paid wages and benefits by a HSM Personal care.
Your caregiver can be anyone you choose, except for your spouse. Ex:
- Family members
- Not spouse’s
Under the CDPAP program, caregivers can handle the following:
- Personal hygiene
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Administering medication
- Basic medical needs
- Medical tasks that include things like daily insulin injections, wound care, and medication administration
HSM Personal Care offers the most competitive rates and benefits to all CDPAP caregivers. We enchorage and promote financial stability to all of our caregivers. Beyond regular pay, we also offer FSA/ FBA, 401k and Medical insurance.
We are here to help and answer all of your question. Call us today at (718) 971-9557 for personal assistance over the phone or to schedule a free in-person consultation.